Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What to Expect on A Blog Like Fluffy


Coming soon to this blog:

--a list of useful links--Now Available--scroll to bottom of page.

--information about NRM and
--the specific progress of the disease,
--varieties of treatments tried, and
--other interesting bits in the life of one cat.

Your comments and questions are welcome at any time.

If I haven't got what you want here, let me know. I am taking my time as I know the demand is low for this info--but for those who need it, it is important, and I am ready to respond.

3 comments:

Casey Wolf said...

I haven't continued working on this blog in some time. Life, as always, intervenes. However, I am still available to discuss NM in cats with anyone who wishes to leave their contact information on this blog.

In the meantime, Fluffy is coming up to his 10th birthday, if I am reckoning right. He is still happy and mostly well, but is increasingly fragile in an unexpected way. He has had two episodes of urinary tract crystal blockage in the last three months, such that my vet has lent me the apparatus to unblock him at home.

This is a nerve-wracking situation and it is more important than ever to offer him water over the day, to keep him hydrated enough that his urine is dilute and the crystals are washed easily away.

My suspicion is that as this increases a point will come, not too long in the future, where I will have to put him down. His has been a happy life and one of endless discomfort and distress is not how I want it to end. But that decision will not be an easy one.

Yoda Mamma said...

Fluffy looks a lot like my PyWhacket. I know since he left to go to the Summerlands there has always been a hole in my heart no other cat has filled, maybe now they are playing together. Wacky was a mix, part himmy, part maine coon, and had the greenest eyes, and even though it has been over 5 years I still can't write about him without crying, as I am now.

Casey Wolf said...

ah, yoda mamma. thanks for leaving this comment. i know how you feel. big hugs.